How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am thinking of providing marketing expertise to a small company

This answer was rated:

I am thinking of providing marketing expertise to a small company for no up front money, but instead, taking a share of the business if it reaches an agreed increase in turnover or profits. What type of agreement should I look for?

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

If this is a limited company what you will require is an option/subscription agreement, this will be an option to subscribe for shares or purchase shares from an existing shareholder conditional upon a certain event. The event will be when the company hits it's turnover target. At this point the option would become unconditional and you could exercise it when you require.

I am happy to discuss another arrangement if you had one in mind? I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you