How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

we have just found a cheque in papers about our house and it

This answer was rated:

we have just found a cheque in papers about our house and it is dated June 2003.Is there any way we can cash this cheque or get a replacement one.

Alex Watts : In law you have to bring for payment within 6 years. As this was 2003 it would be time expired by 2009
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : But contact the payer, the may give a replacement.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you