How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71155
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi I have a complaint with the Post Office the reference number

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a complaint with the Post Office the reference number on this complaints is 1-2807010125 this complaint goes back to the 29th of November 2013 the Post Office transposed the Reference number with the account number when putting the trans cash into their computer therefore the money did not get put into the correct account. Since then I have made numerous calls for this to be corrected and the money refunded with no luck. The money I am told needs to be refunded by the Bank Sanandar I phone them today and they told me it is still open but they cannot refund my money and they do not know when it will be refunded. I am getting rather frustrated with the answers from the Post Office Customer Service Center. Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to get this money back from the Post Office but they do not seem to be doing it quickly I have been in-contact with them since the middle of December now and not getting anywhere.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What else do you want to know I cannot get any help from Customer Support I want to know where to go next to receive my money back as they do not seem to take my phone call seriously

Please confirm that it was the Post Office staff which put the wrong number in.

Have you been trying to deal with this only on the telephone or in writing??

How much money is involved?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Yes it was the Post Office Staff who put the incorrect information into the computer as I have both the receipt from the Post Office and the Transcash form which has the correct information in the correct positions Regards Barbara


You have three options.

1 Complain to the Post Office which is pointless.

2 Refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman, which could take 12 months to resolve.

3 Issue small claims court proceedings against the Post Office for the amount of money and the return of it, which could take between three months and six months to resolve if it gets to court.

However, its not likely that if you did issue legal proceedings, they would let it go that far.

I suggest that you put everything in writing now.

Send the letter by recorded delivery and tell the Post Office unless this money is back in your account by Friday, 21 February 2014 you will issue small claims court proceedings against them without further notice.

Your claim is because they are in breach of the provisions of the Supply of Goods and Services Act for failing to carry out the job with reasonable care and skill

Here is the link to the Small Claims Court track where you can issue proceedings quickly and easily online

as a matter of course, I would also refer the issue to the Financial Ombudsman asking for compensation.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you