How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A couple of years ago I and other flat owners bought freehold

Customer Question

A couple of years ago I and other flat owners bought freehold of flats. I am in process of getting lease extended and just noticed on freehold my first middle name is XXXXX XXXXX from given name (James instead of Jamie which is another version of same name). I know that legal documents often have to be exactly correct so should I get this altered with land registry to given name or is it fine to leave as it is?

Best wishes
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You need to complete form AP1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are applying to change the name.
Alex Watts : You need to send your original birth certificate or official copy. This will be returned.
Alex Watts : It will then be changed.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?