How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am a German national of years and have been living in

Customer Question

I am a German national of 69 years and have been living in the UK since 1968. I have been married to a British citizen since July 79 and have two children. I am the only one in our family who is not British. I love living in England. As my German passport expires this July, I though I make some inquiries how to become a British national. Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

The only place to refer to is the UK Border Agency. As you have been in this country permanently resident for more than 5 years and your wife is a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship.

Here is a link to the application form AN

What I would recommend you do is contact the Law Society at Ask them for an immigration solicitor close to you. I would then recommend getting an immigration solicitor to assist with application to ensure no wasted time or expense.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks AJ for the link to the application form, will do as suggested by you.




Christa (my husband the the British one, I am sadly still German).


Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

My apologies I should have said spouse instead.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards