How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If the property estate agents say on the web about a property

Customer Question

If the property estate agents say on the web about a property that it has off road parking and after all contacts are signed then later down the line find that the specified parking which was allocated to the letting property is not the landlords space and now there is nowhere to park. Can I stop paying the rent and move out straight away?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

It would be advisable to first speak to the estate agents about the issue and point out to them that you were misrepresented into entering into the tenancy agreement and that you are exercising your rights under the Misrepresentation Act and common law to set aside the tenancy and move out.

Whether or not the estate agent agrees, you have the right to treat the tenancy agreement as if it never happened and move out.

You may have to pay rent for up to the time you occupied the property, depending on the circumstances and then try claiming all or some of it back, unless the estate agent agrees that you do not have to pay any rent.

All the best