How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I am 10 years separated, no children and have been sent

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am 10 years separated, no children and have been sent a petition for divorce and also received a 2nd copy via a baliff. What I would like to know is if I do NOT answer it will I be in trouble with the law and will I be charged any money
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which ground is the Petition based on and has a claim for costs been made?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

5 years separation. the form dosent ask me for money

Last page - asking for costs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no it dosent ask me for any costs

Then you can ignore the petition - the divorce will simply go ahead at no cost to you
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry just one more question will the court still inform me when it is all done and I am eventually divorced

Yes you will still be sent the Decrees Nisi and Absolute
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you