How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35091
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi my son is really desperate as his son is in the care of

This answer was rated:

Hi my son is really desperate as his son is in the care of his mother who we knows is taking ketamine. He was adviced by social services to take his son on an access visit and not return him as he has parental responsibility. My son did this and the mother and her mother turned up at out house and took our grandson by pushing their way into our home and taking him. we called the police and when they arrived they said that their was nothing they could do as there were no court papers and they allowed her to take him. even after she admitted to the police they she took ketamine and was shown proof by my son that she has taken it.
My son has tried to apply for legal aid but as he has had a job for two weeks they would not help him, but because he left work without notifing them when he came home when his son was being taken he has now lost his job but the legal aid people told him he can now not apply for another month. He is beside himself with worry, social services have gone to her parents home to follow up and she is now saying that she lives there but she has her own flat that her father owns and our gradson tell us that she leaves him there when she goes to the shops, he's four. And as their home is nice they said there is not much else that they can do.We now do not know where to turn or what course of action to take next.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do the school have any concerns about the child's care?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

His mum has taken him out of nursery, her mum & dad are not short of money and it seems they are closing ranks. My son has to bathe him when he picks him up for access and her home is a mess, but they are now saying that she lives at her mums home. Her father contacted my son on New Years eve saying he had concerns that she wasn't coping and that she was taking drugs at the weekends and not being able to functions for up to 4 days after. He said that they are trying to sort her out and that they would look out for our grandson and ask my son to give them time. but last weekend my son was told that she was out and had taken drugs and was in a state. My son has page shots of facebook and instagram with her saying that she has taken drugs and she actually told the police that she takes ketamine.

Your son needs to make an immediate application to the Court for a Residence Order.
He can do this himself using a Form C100 available here
The fee is £215
He should ask for an Urgent hearing based on his fears about her drug taking
he can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare


Thank you so much, I will tell him what you've said.

Can I log in again when I've spoken to him?

Of course you can - and you can always ask for me if you have another query
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you