How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am having an issue which is beyond me,I am a nigerian and

This answer was rated:

I am having an issue which is beyond me,I am a nigerian and i have a partner who is british by nationality but nigerian by birth, My baby mother is trying to take my son who is a british citizen and six month old, to Nigeria as to dump him there, I am illegal in the country and need my stay through my son whom is a british citizen, i take care of my son and have a shared responsibily signed by court, also my name appears on the birth cerfificate issued by the british government, she is doing everything to stop me from getting a resident under my son who is a british citizen, she is so devilish that will not allow me to see my son for over 5month now, and each month i pay money into her account for the well-fare of my son.
My question is, is it possible for her to revoke the shared responsibility agreement that was signed by me and her in the court.
Also what should i do to avoid her from taking my son to nigeria as to dump him there with her parent?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
What exactly is the Order that has been made by the court?
It cannot be a Parental Responsibility Order as you had that because you were named on the Birth Certificate
If it is a Contact Order then you can apply to the Court to enforce it using a Court Form C79 available here
Since you have Parental Responsibility for the child you can prevent her removing the child from the UK using a Form C100
However you may face a problem as if the child lives in Nigeria it would be easier for you have contact if you are sent home
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much claire, I just see on your wall that my baby mother is also seeking advice from you, All she want is for me to be deported for her selfish interest, I have done her no evil, I take care of my son, I give £100 monthly for his well fare, Plus i give other money to support my son upbringing.I love my son and he`s the only son i have. The document i have is the shared responsibility agreement.All i want with her is peace, She will not allow me see my son, She as not been giving me peace, she disgrace me everywhere, I was poured hot water few days ago because she felt there is notting i can do, since i am illegal in the country.

So what do u advice i do to secure myself? do u want me to get a contact order?

Also please can you help me hide this conversation so she dont get to see it on your wall please.


The agreement that you have is not enforceable.
If you wish to have contact then you need to apply to the court for a Contact Order.
You can lock the question for privacy after it has been accepted
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Very much you are so helpfully. God will not leave you in all your doing, Thanks once again.

I will not do her any harm. God will take control.

You are welcome
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you