How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a UK citizen. I have been separated from my Thai wife

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen. I have been separated from my Thai wife for 6 months. We were married in Thailand at a registry office there. My spouse lives back in Thailand, I live in Scotland. She refuses to consider divorce. Am I now prevented from re-marrying until a Thai divorce is obtained. Thank you Don.
Hello Don,

Yes, you must first divorce your first wife before you remarry as otherwise you will be committing an offence of bigamy.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you