How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can you sue a school for negligence if your child is iliterate

Customer Question

Can you sue a school for negligence if your child is iliterate at eight despite asking for a Dislexia test for over a year.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How much do you hope to claim?
JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

I don’t no its not really about the mouney its something id never dream of doing but5 professionals neglected my son causing no end of emotional harm

JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

Idon't know its not about mouney

JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

Its not about mouney its about neglect of many proffessional

JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

Its not about mouney

JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

Its not about mouney its about my son being neglected and let down by many proffessional s

Alex Watts : Have you complained to the Council?
JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

No I worked with school until I went in to a meeting and they basically inialated meand made all kinds of defamatory suggestions and suggested I take my son out of the school I couldn't understand the change I started digging and made a few silly innuendos of my own not really believeing what im saying I asked the to stop there intervention as it was starting to have the opposite effect and they contacted social services interfering in my sons education.

JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

Since then ive spent 3 days pouring over the internet and theyve broken every thing you can possibly think of to proffessional misconduct faud human rights breech equality act 210 goods and services act harrasement phycaligical abuse need I say more?

Alex Watts : You need to complain formally to the Governors / Head. Say you are making a formal complaint.
Alex Watts : It will need to be investigated.
Alex Watts : If you are unhappy with the response then you can complain to the Council assuming it is a state school. They will investigate the complaint and then report back to you.
Alex Watts : If you are not happy with their response you can complain to the ombudsman who are independent of the school and offer a free service.
Alex Watts : Their website is
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today p,e
Alex Watts : @ please? @
JACUSTOMER-jryldlv0- :

So you cant sue but you can go to ombudsman if not happy with governors

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed. You could sue but it would be difficult to quantify any loss, therefore Ombudsman better.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: