How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have submitted my request to the management but I know it

This answer was rated:

I have submitted my request to the management but I know it will be blocked so not reach, no reply to date.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you explain your situation a little more?


I am a tenant in Public Housing Association, the Housing Association will not recognize the Disability act of Parliament. this causes great problems along the line of Health and Safety to myself and my wife. We can only Park over night our TWO Electric Mobility Scooters, to ENTER and EXIT our Flat ONE or Both Scooters need to be taken outside they BLOCK THE ENTRANCE. The total costs are £5.000.00 The Insurance on them they must be in a secured area, namely behind Secure Locked doors. The landlord disagrees and states fit is necessary then GET OUT. Six Block of flats were built on site but to get PLANNING permission A DISABILITY FLAT and OUTBUILDING had to be supplied to house WHEELCHAIRS etc. I have been a tenant now for NINE YEARS. The HALLWAY


HAS NO EMERGENCY LIGHTING, If it was possibly to pass the Scooters then Personal Danger can occur.

Ben Jones :

ok sorry this is not my are as I was not clear from your original question. I will therefore opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience: Qualified Solicitor
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Haven't we spoke about this before?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need my Landlord to abide to the DISABILITY ACT of PARLIAMENT at Present They Refuse.

Alex Watts : It has now been renamed the Equality Act 2010 but yes it does address your problem.

Alex Watts : They are required to make reasonable adjustments for you.

Alex Watts : You can demand that they take reasonable steps to accommodate you.

Alex Watts : If not potentially you could take them to court.

Alex Watts : As Housing Association they are a public body.

Alex Watts : Therefore if you are not satisifed with them you can take several steps to complain

Alex Watts : You can complain to the ombudsman who are independent and offer a free service.

Alex Watts : Their website is

Alex Watts : You can also complain to the Equality Commission.

Alex Watts : If the Ombudsman does not work they may take on the case for you.

Alex Watts : Their website is

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you