How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex-wife has a signed consent order which has not been handed

This answer was rated:

My ex-wife has a signed consent order which has not been handed to the court.

She had lawyer support and I did not.

Is the lack of legal support sufficient ground for me to withdraw support to the consent order - and will the court find in my favour?
Thank you for your question.
Your position could have been more difficult if you had had independent legal advice - but since you did not then your only potential problem is if her solicitor tries to be clever and just send the order in.
Write to the court and make it plain that you have withdrawn your consent
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So it does not matter that I actually signed the order - and therefore agreed?

That is correct - you are entitled to withdraw your consent