How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son who is diaabled and on benifits has a contact order

This answer was rated:

My son who is diaabled and on benifits has a contact order to for every other weekend and half of all school holidays for his 10 yr old son. 2 w/ends ago the mother took him out of school early with no explanation. This w/end school refused to hand him over saying he should consult a solicitor, with no further explanation, although he overheard some one saying she (the mother) better have evidence. Obviously some allegation has been made. The only 'incident' was some months ago when my son tried to arrange a family conference through social services as Conaer had not seen a dentist for over 5 yrs and was turning up at school unkempt - hair unwashed and smelly. Clothes not clean etc. Solicitor fees out of the question. What can be done to enforce the Court Order which after all was deemed in best interests by all professionals involved?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is he named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Also,he has parental responsibility. Cafcass gave an excellent report. The Contact Order contains the warning about non compliance. Roy.

When is he next due to collect the child from school?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


He should be with him now for 1/2 term. Next time would be for the w/end in 21/2 (two and a half)weeks time. Social services still haven't been in touch with him, so still no idea what the allegations are . Roy

In that case I suggest that he makes an urgent application to the court to enforce the Order using a form C79
The fee is £215.
I would also suggest that he writes a formal letter to the school and points out that he has Parental Responsibility and asking on what Authority they refused to let him take the child
You can attend the court with your son as a Mckenzie Friend
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further assistance
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you