How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

had3 vehicles 2 in use 1 parked up off road.notified the dvla

This answer was rated:

had3 vehicles 2 in use 1 parked up off road.notified the dvla of3rd vehicle as sorn by phone. now they say I have had a uninsured vechicle& have never told them of sorn. now had paperwork saying attend court at Newton Abbot court,devon. I live in Shaftesbury, dorset. help please

I am afraid you may only make a SORN online if you are the registered keeper or by post if you recently becase the registered keeper.

You cannot make a SORN over the telephone.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so what do I do now. do I have2go2court in newton abbott

You may plead guilty by post if you do not wish to visit court.

The court will then fine you if you plead guilty.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not think it is fair when vehicle is not on road. it was even taxed. must be something I can do in the mean time rather than sit&do nothing

I am afraid that the law requires a vehicle to be insured if it has not been SORNd .

Sorry I can only advise you in the law
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you