How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a reserved parking space with my flat - it is under

This answer was rated:

I have a reserved parking space with my flat - it is under a railway arch - and my car has become damaged with limestone water dripping on to the paintwork/windscreen. I have been in touch with Network Rail (the bridge is their responsibility) and have so far only received replies from them saying they are looking into it. Evidently a previous tenant had a similar problem and I understand she received compensation. Where do I stand?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much is it to repair please? Are you insured?


It would cost approximately £2 - 2500 to repair. I have normal fully comprehensive car insurance.

Alex Watts : Does the Landlord have insurance that covers the car park?

The landlord has stated that they have no responsibility for problems arising from using the 'reserved parking space'

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.


If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.


The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.


If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.


Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Would I be liable for any costs - regardless of whether or not I receive compensation?

Alex Watts :

If you lost, yes but only Court fee for listing the case. If you win then these are added to the Judgment debt.


Many thanks

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you