How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been with my fiance for 4.5 years nw and he has twin

This answer was rated:

I have been with my fiance for 4.5 years nw and he has twin daughters with his ex, when she found out she was pregnant they were not together, all through the pregnancy my partener wanted to be part of it but she refused. when me and my partener got together it was 4 months later she allowed me to see the children regularly, until i was 7 months pregnant the i was not allowed to see them. my partener has always paid for his children even without his name on the birth certificates. and now she is trying to stop him as he has said he wants me and our son to be part of his daughters lives.
where does my partener stand??

Unfortunately, your partner does not automatically have parental responsibility over his twin daughters as he was not married to his ex and his name is XXXXX XXXXX the birth certificates of the girls.

If his ex is not willing for him to have parental responsibility, he would need to apply to the court for a parental responsibility order and also possibly a contact order.

I would suggest that he gets in touch with the charity Families Need Fathers for further assistance in how to go about getting orders from the court:

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so should he still pay?? or stop it till this has been sorted??

I am afraid he still has to pay even though he does not have parental responsibility currently.

Hope this answers your queries.
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you