How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We had a CCJ set aside by a judge as the claimnent had issued

This answer was rated:

We had a CCJ set aside by a judge as the claimnent had issued incorrectly, the claim was was then settled out of court.

How do I get the CCJ removed from our records.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You need to ask the courts for a certificate of cancellation. This will cost you £15
Alex Watts : Once you have this you then send it to experian, equifax and call credit.
Alex Watts : Then it will be removed from your credit file.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

No thats fine, I had been told this but was also told it sits on your records for 6 years with a comment the debt has been settled, is that correct ?

Alex Watts :

Yes unless it is cancelled then the credit reference agencies will REMOVE it

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.


Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you