How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My mother-in-law took her 22ctrl gold wedding ring to a jewellers

This answer was rated:

My mother-in-law took her 22ctrl gold wedding ring to a jewellers to be resized after her husband passed away recently. It was to be made larger. They told her it would take two weeks as a piece of 22ctrl gold would have to be ordered to make ring larger. Apparently the size wasn't sent with ring but they altered it anyway not informing her. On its return it was to small and two different colours and no hallmark,looking like they had put 9ctrl gold in and misshapen. When my mother-in-law wasn't happy he sed he could put it right in a few hrs ????? She queried this so he sed to leave it with him and he would sort it. Today he rang her and said there is nothing he can do's when she wants to pick up. Oh and he wanted money up front in full which she stupidly paid. She wants to take further could she ???? .

This is totally against the Supply of Goods and Services Act. Your mother should report the person to Trading Standards and also ask for her money back and for the ring to be put back to what it was originally.

If he doesn't refund her money, she may lodge a claim online at

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you