How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If someone is verbally abusing me from another country how

Customer Question

If someone is verbally abusing me from another country how can I take legal action against that person. It is affecting me so badly that I am getting into depression. I live in London and a British citizen.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Which country please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

I'm afraid the Uk police are not going to investigate this in India.

Actually you could argue that it falls within the UK jurisdiction becuase at least part of the offence in committed in the Uk as you are receiving these messages.

However, we have to deal in realities here and the police are not going to be able to fly out there and seek to extradite him for what is, ultimately, a lot level harassment.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know if you can tell me this or not...but do you think Britsh Embassy in India will be able to help me or not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
its not really my area to be wholly honest. However, I'm not sure what assistance they could offer.

Its more of a matter for the Indian police.