How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

Me and my fiancée are planning to get married in Odessa, Ukraine. So

Customer Question

Me and my fiancée are planning to get married in Odessa, Ukraine.

So that we can book our wedding, we both visited the "Consultation Registration of Marriages with Foreign Citizens"

We were told that for us to be able to book our wedding, I need to produce the following documentation.
1. My passport,(Certified) (completed)
2. My Divorce Decree (Original) (completed)
3. My No Impediment (Legalised) (I collect on 28th Feb 2014)

My question
4. Apostyle (What is an Apostyle?)
(Do I need one?)
(Were would I obtain one?)

My fiancée said, she can have documents translated into Ukraine language in Odessa.
My flight is on the 10th of March 2014.

Thanks for your help

Yours Sincerely
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mark - Are you referring to an apostille certificate? This is in fact the legalisation of the document . Getting an apostille stamp is normally a serve provided by a notary but if you are getting the no impediment certificate legalised that should be in the form of an apostille