How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

we made an investment in 2007 and we have lost all our money

Customer Question

we made an investment in 2007 and we have lost all our money now. We were given the incorrect advise and the investment was not explained correctly to us it was not beneficial for our situation, it was all rushed and were never told of any risks at all as we were not in a position to loose soooo much money, can you advice me if i can sue for incorrect advise? and where to go
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Investment advice is no different to any other services. If you have paid for the advice then there is an expectation under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 that it is provided with reasonable care and skill. Breaching this and you have a claim under contractual principles for any naturally occurring losses.

That said if you were mis sold a product then you may have a claim to the Financial Ombudsmans or the Financial Conduct Authority. I would make the complaint quickly though because this happended more than 6 years ago depending on timings you could become stature barred.

The Financial Ombudsman services is here‎
This would be a good place to start a complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards