How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello I have a question about business at home. I wanted to

This answer was rated:

Hello I have a question about business at home. I wanted to open a small business in my own house. Rather decided together with my wife it would be better if we buy a bigger house on the main street to live on top and at the bottom to run a business. If there will be any problems with this project at a later time whether British law allows such maneuvers? Thank you and please reply with best regards Peter

Alex Watts : Hello Peter my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why type of business is it please?

Any business just want to know if i can open up

Alex Watts : It depends. You are likely to need planning permission.
Alex Watts : This is because if you were working from home and say used one room for work, such as a chriopractor, this is likely to be ok.
Alex Watts : But if in effect you are splitting floors by living in the top part and running a business in the second you will need planning permission.
Alex Watts : So yes you can do this but need planning permission from your local council.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

thank you.

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you