How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have some tall trees in my back garden. A neighbour who lives

This answer was rated:

I have some tall trees in my back garden. A neighbour who lives two streets away has told me that they block sun light from reaching his property. His house is appromimately 150/175ft from the trees. Do I have an obligation to do something about them?
Thank you.

No, legally you have no obligation to do anything about them unless the neighbour gets an easement from the court allowing him the right to light in which case you need to do something.

Of course there is nothing stopping you from agreeing to cut back your trees if he agrees to pay for it.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you