How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my child is sixteen,we had a fall out she is now to nitestaying

Customer Question

my child is sixteen,we had a fall out she is now to nitestaying with boy friend i said i wld like my child home by ten ,didnt happen,so i wlk up to boy friends house and his dad said cos maria 16 she can do or stay where she likes, is this correct
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Hello,At that age, you cannot force your daughter to do something and it is unlikely that a court will force her to come home with you unless she is in danger. 16 is the age of discretion and not even the courts, the police or social services can force her to return home if she does not wish to. Hope this helps