How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my husband left me seven years ago i have not seen in that

This answer was rated:

my husband left me seven years ago i have not seen in that time and i dont know were he is i have been told that he has changed his name his job his famliy will not tell were he is or his name he go under but old frends have told me he is now a women and is with a man somewere in southampton i would like to end this marrige on the grounds of abandment how do i go about this and move on with my life without the worrie that he will land more debt on me like he did when he walk out seven years ago which i have now payed off
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are his family aware that you require the information for a divorce?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there do but they do not whant to know about me or him and said its my problem and to leave them alone so i have

You will find it easier to issue a Petition based on the fact that you have lived apart for five years.
You will need to attempt to trace him using an Enquiry Agent (usually costs about £100)
Once you have done that you can issue the petition and ask for service on him to be dispensed with
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you