How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I have a big family problem but dnt know which way to go

This answer was rated:

I have a big family problem but dnt know which way to go about it or how to solve it.
I got married in 2009 jan and in june I got pregnant and in September my husband got a student visa for me to go live n study in the uk. my parent were against it but I choose to follow my husband dream and build it. been pregnant and studying in the uk is nt easy I had to repeat a whole semester. my baby arrived in feb2013 a girl. he was so unhappy about it because he thought it as gonna be a boy having an Africa mentally. I had to get a job to be able to survive. going to school with a baby n also parttime work was not easy. Baby was a year now he been goin about another baby this where our problem began. still on student visa I conceived again. And guess what it happened to be a girl. now my first daughter is 4 and the second is 1and a half. things changed when I found out he was having an affair back home I confronted him. he lied about it. but thing began to change so fast. now I have been paying house rent up keep house bills and half of my fees. For more than a year .we have argument often and even he hits me several time in front of my kids n name callings. and treated to kill me and nobody will no about it or do any cause an am international student. am at the edge am going in sense. two kids to joggle with work n sch. I miss school nowadays two reason my daughter is in reception and moreover I have to work to keep a roof over my head n my kids. I cant even turn to my parents back home for help. am scared of my life and my kids.
needs an advice as quick as possible before something terrible happens
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is your husbands visa status?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

His on dependent visa on me which will expire in april. And he will be coming back to UK. To renew it

So where is he at the moment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is in africia he comes on visit and he does nt stay in the uk even as he has dependant visa. Due he got business in "quote" back in africa. His been visiting from 2009 till now. So he spend few months with us like maximum stay 3mths.n he goes back. So basically he is off and on.

Are you willing to start Divorce Proceedings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

was thinking I should see the police first and then start that because am so scared of my life n my kids.and also since we got married in Africa is it possible to divorce will am in the uk as a student.


You are not expecting him back until April?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he would be back in A

pril and at the moment we dnt speak neither does he call to know how the kids r?

You are entitled to start Divorce Proceedings here in the UK based on his Unreasonable Behaviour - and you can inform UKBA that your marriage is at an end so that his Dependent Visa can be revoked
Details of how to apply for a Divorce are here
If he does turn up at your door then call the police immediately.
You can get support and advice from the helpline here
0808 2000 247
and these websites
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you