How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My father passed away leaving a will and his house to go to

This answer was rated:

My father passed away leaving a will and his house to go to the grandchildren. I am an executor together with my neice. My sister wants a key and access to the house, she says she has every legal right. Has she?

No she does not unless the house was left to her specifically.

If she doesn't like the fact that the house has not been left to her, she may challenge the Will if she has a valid ground to do so, within 6 months of grant of probate.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you