How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
This answer was rated:

Hello,I was out drink and some trouble started to happen. Ive

Hello,I was out drink and... Show More
Hello,I was out drink and some trouble started to happen. I've been told 2 stories,1- swung for someone missed and then was hit from behind and 2- I was hit behind. In both accounts I've had to have 40 plus stitches in my mouth and have chipped 2 teeth also missed 2 days of work. Where do I stand as to claiming please
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

What and from whom do you wish to 'claim'?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Injury lawyers

Just a few of preliminary questions:

- Do you have any criminal convictions?

- Are there witnesses supporting the fact that you are a victim not an assailant?

- What is the prognosis of your injuries for the future?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
No previous convictions and there is CCTV footage been looked at when police get around to it. I've got to go back to my local gp in 5 days to have stitches removed and to have another look to make sure everything is healing

You can make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board for an award.

This is essentially a goverment funded body who make payments to victims of crime. They have power to make awards between £1,000 and £500,000.

You can use a solicitor BUT their fees will be deducted from your claim. Usually this is around 25%. This is a significant sum but the solicitor will do all the work e.g. Lodging the application, organising medical reports, liaising with the police etc.

If you decide to deal with the matter yourself you need simply to use the application forms on the Ministry of Justice website - and look for CICA. I'll get you the link if yoicant find it.
Here is the CICA link. You can make the claim online:

If you woukd prefer to use a solicitor, I would suggest: