How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We invested two £3,000 - £6,000 in all in my husband and my

Customer Question

We invested two £3,000 - £6,000 in all in my husband and my name in The National and Provincial Building Society 8th November 1995 and just left it there for a rainy day, apparently they went to Abbey National then Santander but we didn't know.
April last year I had pneumonia and thought I should start and put my house in order, when I went into Santander Chorley they said they couldn't find these accounts as they only kept six years, with this I contacted the Ombudsman who are coming up with the same answer and it is looking like I will have to prove we haven't had this money?????????
please can you point me in the right direction, we have never had this money back

sincerely yours

Ellen and Raymond Radley
7 Melford Close

Telephone 0125 264808
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

There was a similar case to yours highlighted in the Guardian newspaper last year and Santander was able to trace the account records and as such, Santander should be pressed to trace your account details:

You should lodge a formal complaint with Santander about this:

If you get no joy with Santander, you may wish to take your complaint to the FCA:

I am very certain that your accounts will be traced eventually.

Hope this helps