How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello. Am in the course of buying a 15 year, full n insuring,

This answer was rated:

Hello. Am in the course of buying a 15 year, full n insuring, new lease of a hotel for Pds 30000 from the freehold of the hotel owner. Who is responsible for insuring the building of the hotel. ( knowing that I will be responsible for the content, or any repair such as roof, lift, central heating ,upgrade of fire regulation or any defective repair within the hotel and or building.) RGDS W Choy

The freeholder is usually responsible for insuring the building structure and claim the insurance premiums from yourself through the service charge or direct payment.

It should be mentioned in your lease who is responsible for what e.g. freeholder responsible for building insurance and you (the leaseholder) responsible for reimbursement of the building insurance premium to the freeholder.

If in doubt, you should seek clarification from the freeholder.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so basically there are 2 insurance policy. one for t building only( once lease is sold to me) n bought by t freeholdiwner. N I , t new leasee, would hv to buy a seperate police to cover t content . Rgds W Choy
Yes, that is correct.

All the best