How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello Please could you help me I own a freehold property

This answer was rated:

Please could you help me

I own a freehold property that has four flats , my tenant wants to have holiday lets, would he be expected to pay more rent than his monthly rent as he is running a business or same rent


Yes, he should be paying more rent and this is perfectly reasonable as there will be increased wear and tear to the property and increased building insurance premiums.

He will also need to apply for planning approval for any change of use to the property.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you