How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I have been told about a website that has been set up

Customer Question


I have been told about a website that has been set up which is bad mouthing me as an individual. My brother had a limited company, i did some work for it selling heating systems. I was not a director or employee, i just sold the system.

There is a load of lies about me on this web page and id like to take action for its immediate removal. Is this something you can help with?

kind Regards,

Damian Lavell
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Id like to know how to get this website removed.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I'm afraid thats not likely to happen.

What are they actually saying that is not true?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There saying, i said to them things like ive been ripping people off for 20 years and getting away with it, im untouchable etc. are people allowed then to just go around printing anything they like about others with no consequences?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Its not that simple.

Are these people former customers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. It was one job that was done, they paid in full at the time of completion. can a legal letter be sent telling them to remove it?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Do you know why they would say something like that?