How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do I stop repossessed on a rented house

This answer was rated:

I have a crown tenancy so I had to claim income support . . Then in January 2013 I had to go to court has the highway solicitor took me to court for their costs plus rent that they said was outstanding and there was a figure of £2828 which said landlord cost. we went and the judge said the solicitor cost was not going to be paid as they was trying to cliam over £12,000 and he order £150 and the rent which add up to £950 £2828 landlord which I ask what was it for and no one seem to know. The solicitor didn't want DWP to pay the highway agency direct but for them to pay me and me to pay the highway, and for this to happen the agency would have to issue an invoice every month so I can send it to DWP so they can pay me and it prove I was still living there with my family. The very next month things was going wrong as the agency didn't sent a invoice and . Has I understand what the DWP was saying how can they be sure if they are not paying the landlord direct but to me they need proof from them to be able to pay me.I would get the odd email from their office and sometimes DWP would accept this and do a payment, but after a few months they said I had to have a correct invoice. When I got onto there agency the highway solicotors were the ones who told the highway agency not to issue invoices any more form the date of the court case. But the agency did start to do this so we got back on track. It was only at xmas I Had a statement and I notice the sum of £2828 of landlord cost was still on there. when I email the agency they said the solictors had just been in contact with them has they were not happen with the account as it had not gone right since the court case, in the first few months it took a while for it to get on track, I told them the agency knew why as we was not getting invoices and it was the solictors fault that they had stop this. I again asked about the £2828 and the agency said the solicitor will not give them the information on this sum and will not answer any of my letters and not tell me either what it is for if I don't pay it they take me back to court, I said if I own it I pay it but I wont pay if I don't know what it is for. Today I got a possession order dated 18/02/14 saying we have to get out by 25/02/14 today date is 28/02/14 why has it taken so long to get here. what can I do now when they wont answer me or tell me what this same is for. they wont even tell the agency acting for them? There are 5 of us here and 4 are disable. I also notice on the invoices it does state if you are on benefits then the benefits are to be paid direct to the landlord not to the tanant, this is not what they had done in court. Can we do anything to get this stopped has both children I having with me are my great nieces and have ADHD,ATTACHED DISORDED, ALCHOCOL SYNDROME. I HAVE LETTERS that show DWP paid the full rent and I would much rather it paid direct to the landlord all I ask is what is the amount I have ask about I think I have a right, sorry for such a long story.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What are the arrears please? Is this an outright possession order?
Customer: £2828. Landlord cost which I don't know what these are these are from nov 2011
Customer: £1883.00 Solictors cost
Customer: £953 rent arrears which I agree to pat 150 per month and have done only the first 6 months were mix up due to me not getting I vice as they thorp agent from senting one I think it is a position one. The agent came round yesterday and told me to get a n244 and get it stop has he don't know why Solictors will not tell either them or us what landlord cost are.
Alex Watts : Was the Order made without a hearing?
Customer: Yes it iwas made on discretionary grounds and says we can apply to court stay eviction a judge will decide if there are grounds for doing so .
Alex Watts : Ok you need to apply to vary the ordrer using form n244 available here
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are asking the court to vary this to an amended possession order at a rate of £150 a month
Alex Watts : Dont wait for an eviction date, do this on Monday.
Alex Watts : then a judge can vary the order so that it is suspended.
Alex Watts : That is as long as you make the payments you won't lose your help.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please
Customer: Can they make them tell me what the £2828 is as I don't see why I should pay for something that I know nothing about if I own I will pay it.
Alex Watts : Yes you can ask the judge about the costs
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
Customer: Will it take long to wait.
Alex Watts : Normally no, a week or so.
Customer: Many thanks
Alex Watts : No problem. Please remember to leave feedback before you go today
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you