How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I had some boxes delivered to my house in France from England

Customer Question

I had some boxes delivered to my house in France from England by a removal company. One box and one sunbed were incorrectly delivered to the wrong address and the company are now refusing to retrieve my property and that I must fill in an insurance claim form. My argument has been that they have not lost my property, that they know exactly where it is they just can't be bothered to find it. Is here something legally I can do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Yoiu may contact the person at the other address and show them proof that you own the belongings and explain that they were incorrectly sent to their address and ask for your items to be handed over to you.

If you are successful in doing so, you may claim costs from the removals company which you incurred for retrieving your belongings.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you,I have asked for the contact details of the person they were delivered to, which has been refused under the terms of the data protection act.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
In that case I am afraid you would need to make a claim against the removal company for not delivering your belongings to you.

Only they can retrieve the items from the person they incorrectly delivered them to as you do not have details of this person.

You may try and escalate the matter to the management of the removals company,.

Hope this helps