How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I live in a property that is owned by a trust, and can live

Customer Question

I live in a property that is owned by a trust, and can live in the property until my death, it was bought for me to live in with my children as part of a divorce settlement, it will never belong to me and the there are several trustees one of which is my X father-in-law. The trust is ment to maintain the property but I continually struggle to get things done as far as maintaining it, they are responsible for maintaining utilities and I gave had to pay for alit of work to be done on the plumbing what are my legal rights about getting my money back from maintenance bills that they should have paid? I had to put a new hot water system in and have had to have the downstairs loo taken out because of ongoing problems and they refuse to pay me for emergency work that needed to be carried out. Kind regards Rachel
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Who are the trustees of the trust please?

Joshua :

from what you say, there will be a formal trust deed which provides that the trustees are responsible for maintenance of the property. to I also understand that the trustees are responsible for paying for utilities - i.e. energy use etc - at the property as well? DO you ahve a copy of this trust deed?