How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12189
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If my wife signs a letter with a statement saying that she

This answer was rated:

If my wife signs a letter with a statement saying that she has no claim to my house would this be legal and would a solicitor refuse to produce such a document?
Thank you for your question.

This would not be sufficient under Scots law. A formal Minute of a agreement dips needed properly drafted and both parties have to take legal advice from their own solicitors. If this doesn't happen then your wife could argue in the further that she didn't have the benefit of legal advice and that she didn't understand exactly what she was signing.

This happens a lot so it's best to get this done properly for your own protection.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you