How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my wife was attacked at a party by 2 other women drink was

Customer Question

my wife was attacked at a party by 2 other women drink was involved and at least one of the attacker lost hair. the police have just arrived and arrested her and taken to station. she is a civle servant and we live in orpington kent.

what shold I do and should I call a soliciter if so who is good?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : A Byelaws Offence successfully Prosecuted does not lead to a Criminal Record nor to an entry in the Police National Computer (PNC). However, Magistrates Courts deal with Railway ticketing irregularities along with other Criminal matters brought to them by the Police and CPS, so it does sometime arise that a PNC entry is made. (In the event that this does happen, they are notoriously difficult to remove or qualify once an entry is made).
Alex Watts : There is nothing you can do.
Alex Watts : She will be offered a solicitor at the station which she can accept or reject.
Alex Watts : She will be interviewed when fit to do so and asked her side of the story.
Alex Watts : The police are likely to then release on bail pending further enquiries.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : Sorry ignore that bit about by laws that is my mistake.
Alex Watts : But once she is released the police will decide through the CPS what action if any to take.
JACUSTOMER-zn54nc4f- :

She may well say she dosent want a soliceter I think its a good idea do you??

JACUSTOMER-zn54nc4f- :

I think she needs a soliceter can you give me details of a good one locally contact details ect on leagle aid

Alex Watts : You can't make her have a solicitor, it's a matter for her, but I would always have one.
Alex Watts : Shemay
Alex Watts : She may if not
Alex Watts : She may or not be entitled to legal aid.
Alex Watts : You can find local solicitors at the website below as we are not allowed to recommend.
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Put in your town or postcode and click criminal law.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
JACUSTOMER-zn54nc4f- :

poor dident get answers quickly enough or responser to what I asked and called local solicerter randomly in the end