How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi. My sister is thinking about leaving college before May

Customer Question

Hi. My sister is thinking about leaving college before May when she turns 18. My mum get's benefits from the governor until my sisters turns 18. If she leaves college before her birthday should we let them know?

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Unless it is a condition of payment that they will only be paid until your sister turns 18 and is in full time education, then yes, the person should be notified, otherwise no need to do so if payment is only till she turns 18 and not tied to her being in full time education as well.

Hope this helps
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who exactly is paying this money to your mother?