How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a ccj that has been applied to me by a nationwide company

This answer was rated:

I have a ccj that has been applied to me by a nationwide company who issued a response at Christmas and I acknowledged it but to their solicitor instead of the claims department Which the court then sent a to pay forthwith judgement for a large sum . My insurance have found a loop hole and will not back me , the judgement is for a subcontract job I done in 2009 and I have had no chance to look at any damage that is being claimed an nor have I had any evidence of this alleged claim to back up this claim . Where do I stand and how do I get my say , I don't understand how someone can demand money with out going down the route of normal practice i.e. getting the person who carried out the works to re attend if a problem arose .

You may apply to set aside the CCJ on the ground that you were not notified of any problem with your work and did not know that there was a claim being made against you e.g. If you did not receive the claim paperwork etc.

The court may set it aside and ask you and the claimant to mediate or try and settle the issue out of court.

See here for information on setting aside the CCJ and what form you should send to apply to set it aside., the fee is £80:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you