How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71054
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi my nephew bought my late sons car off me in August 2008

Customer Question

Hi my nephew bought my late sons car off me in August 2008 the amount was £1000
he still owes me £600. what can I do I have brought it up with him from time to time
he always agrees
regards Hilary.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What is his explanation for the delay please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Has no explanation he just stays clear of me have phoned and left messages for him to contact me I spoke with him Friday 22 feb on mob arranged for him to call following weekend this weekend but he never came to the house or called.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

You can enforce this easily enough. He has part paid so proving that there was a contract should not be a problem.

You need to send him one letter setting down that he owes you this amount of money and if he does not pay or resume payment within 28 days you will sue. Maybe he will ignore it. Maybe not. Its still worth doing because it protects you from a costs application at court.

If that fails then issue against him here

Its a small claims court sum so it will be very cheap and relatively quick to issue against him.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.