How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How do I go about self representation in a court of law on

Customer Question

How do I go about self representation in a court of law on a contact issue?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im trying to get contact with my 12 yr old daughter from a previous relationship 10 yrs ago. I wasn't married to the mother but I'm her biological father and named as so on her birth certificate. I have tried previously via a solicitor to have contact but the mother was unwilling at the court hearing and was going to make it difficult for me so I decided to leave it till now to apply again in the knowledge that a childs wishes are generally taken into account in a court of law at the age of 12

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

You would need to make a new application of form C100.

I would suggest that you contact the charity, Families Need Fathers, as they will be able to assist you with the process for free:

Hope this helps