How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Live in privately owned accommodation every time I park my

This answer was rated:

Live in privately owned accommodation every time I park my car outside of my house neighbours phone the police and say causing an obstruction and ask me to move it. Had previously parked my car outside for ten years never an issue, as did the previous owner of the property. When I phoned the police to report that my neighbour had his car parked outside on the road causing an obstruction for two hours PCM visited and advised he's washing his car and everyone needs to get on. Parked car for twenty minutes while unloading shopping two pcs arrive whilst still unloading shopping at 8.30am this morning and say they have had a complaint this is ridiculous as every pcgives a different answer or take on the problem. Need legal advise as this is now verging on harrasment

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Who owns that part of the road please?

Customer: It's public highway single track only house obstructs is my own as there is an entrance and an exit to road to service other houses only 4 in the street and no problem with other neighbours. The lady in question apart toy works in the police dept in Inverness as a civilian
Alex Watts : You need to write to the Chief Constable and make a complaint.
Alex Watts : This will be investigated through the local resolution process.
Alex Watts : You will be assigned an officer to investigate the compliant?
Alex Watts : What you need is consists ecs,
Alex Watts : comsistancy.
Alex Watts : Either you both can't park or you both can park,
Alex Watts : But write to the chief constable and raise a formal complaint. This should resolve the problem.
Alex Watts : Sadly what you can't do is take the neighbour to court as this is a public highway, if it was your land it would be a different issue.
Alex Watts : But write to the police as that should resolve it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: No you have been very helpful thank you
Customer: So either both can park for short period washing his car takes two hours unloading my shopping 30 minutes maximum. Or neither can park
Alex Watts : Indeed.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you