How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have had a 12 yard skip picked up from my property, and a

This answer was rated:

I have had a 12 yard skip picked up from my property, and a new skip left in its place.

The skip company phoned to say that we have put in nearly 2 ton of extra weight and we must pay over £100.

I have asked them prove this and send over any paper work on this ,which so far they have not done,and they now will not pick up the 2nd skip until payment is sent.

how do i get them to take away the skip and is it right that they can weigh this skip when we are not present.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to get a quote for getting the second skip picked up by someone else - this forms your loss.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment or collection within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.


If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.


The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.


If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.


Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Is it right that i pay extra for the 1st skip they say was nearly two ton over weight,even though i was not there when it was weighed.

Alex Watts :

It depends. If a weight was agreed then yes, that is right

Alex Watts :

But they would have to prove it was over.

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you