How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am a single parent,im in reciept of housing benifit and council

This answer was rated:

i am a single parent,im in reciept of housing benifit and council tax benifit and im on son has has not long been awarded DLA as he has aspergers and my child tax credits have gone up as a result as well as the dla payments this something i need to inform housing benifit of ? will it affect my housing benifit?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

You do need to tell the DWP of any changes to your circumstances. However, this will not affect your housing benefit. DLA is to pay for the cost of managing his disability.

Child tax credits is something they would consider but its not likely to reduce your benefits in anyway.

However, its best to inform them as then you are beyond reproach.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was under the impression that the dwp issue my esa and also issue dla and child tax credit ? do they not automatically know what im paid when they issue new benifits? thankyou

They do but you can never rely on them.

You always need to write in and send it recorded delivery to protect yourself from allegations that you have failed to disclose.

Its never wise to rely on them.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile