How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My son ordered on-line a new phone from carphone warehouse

This answer was rated:

My son ordered on-line a new phone from carphone warehouse site. On Wednesday, the day he was expecting it, a woman brought the parcel to the house, and apologized that her husband had opened it by mistake. Unfortunately, he didnt take the womans name or address. Upon checking the contents he found that the phone was not in the parcel. He contacted the supplyer who checked with the courier (DPD). The courier has said it was delivered to the correct address and the the signature was our surname. We have informed the supplier again that this was not delivered to our address, and I have also requested directly from the courier a copy of the signature. The supplier has told us that it is a police matter. My son is distraught at the moment having paid for the phone, has no phone, and we seem to be getting nowhere.


Who was this woman who delivered the open parcel? Was she from the courier?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we do not think so, my son did not reconize her, we have been around nearby houses in the street to try and identify without success.

Thank you.

If your son did not sign for the parcel, then the responsibility would be the courier's and it is clear that some criminal act has happened as the matter is now with the police.

Your son has nothing to worry about and the supplier should send him a new phone or refund his money back in full.

Your son should keep chasing the supplier to send him a new phone as it is not his problem that the phone has gone missing, this is a matter between the supplier and the courier.

If the supplier doesn't deliver a new phone, your son may sue them for his money and/or report the matter to trading standards.

The easiest way to sue for his money is and the claim would be for the refund of his money as he has not received his phone as ordered.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

excellent, many thanks for your help