How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello, My husband was taken to prison. For assaulting me and

This answer was rated:

My husband was taken to prison. For assaulting me and 3 more people.
I didn’t gave statement as I wanted him back home. He just pushed me.
Anyways, he is in prison now for almost a week. I have no information from him.
I am sending him letters every day.
Today I received call from prison and officer asked if I am willing my husband to contact me. I said-definitely yes, but then he said that he don’t think that my husband can not contact me, and he asked if there were any instructions from court. I said there were no restrictions, but he just put the phone down.
I am desperate, I don’t know what to do, I want to talk to my husband.
Do I need solicitor or a special form or what can I do?

Thank you

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What are you hoping to do about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want him to contact me and keep our relationships going, while he is in prison and definetly when he's back.

But I am worried that there is some kind of restriction for him to contact me and I want to have it dismissed, as I want my husband comunicate with me.

Who called the police?
Is this the first time this has happened?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It happened outside the club, so some other people called the police.


My main question-I dont want to review his case now, I just want to know if in UK exsist some kind of restriction order and if yes, how can I change it, apply some form, or get solicitor to sort for me this out.


Or there is no such a thing as restriction- nobody contact me and asked if I want some protection( police).


Yes, they can seek a restraining order

Is this the first time this has happened? I imagine he has something else given that he is on remand.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Both of us had argued a year ago, and got cautioned for that.

He was sentenced on Tuesday for 26weeks in prison.

Did they apply for a restraining order in court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know, anything, when I heard about sentence I bearly remember how I got out of the court room, I was in panick, and now I dont know anything, nobody tells me nothing, and when I came to court ( I just find out from one lady that he dosn't have solicitor and I tried to get him our solicitor, but it was to late , some solicitor on duty represented him, and after court finished he just told me what prison he goes to and i can contact him in prison, thats it...).


I dont know anything -

Thanks for the information.

It is possible for them to a restraining order preventing him from having long term contact with you. Since you did not give a statement though that is unlikely. In any event, you would have heard it mentioned in court.

Otherwise there are no restrictions. He is not on bail and so there cannot be conditions.

He will be released on licence at the half way point and obviously if there are any further incidents he will be recalled.

Otherwise though, there are not restrictions and you are free to have contact.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you