How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35078
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have moved house my ex wants my address and because I wont

This answer was rated:

I have moved house my ex wants my address and because I wont give it she has stopped me seeing my kids can she do this
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and do you have them overnight?
Why do you not wish to give her your address?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter is 7 my son soon to be 6 the address is for my partners security as my ex caused a lot of problems. I used to have them over night but cant at the moment as living in shared accommodation.

What problems has she caused?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She used to try spread vicious rumours tried to stop the kids access to me because of my partner cause she font like her was trying everything to ruin my relationship with my partner and the kids. What can I do what are my rights

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I wasnt told what my rights are
I am sorry for the delay
Has she actually physically threatened your partner in any way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not as such but what rights does she have stopping me seeing my kids

The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
However given the ages of the children it is reasonable for her to wish to know where the children will be during contact - especially if you wish to have overnight contact
You can apply to the court for a Defined contact order to re-establish contact - but it is likely that the court will order you to release the address at which the children will be staying
You can read more on this website
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you