How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My last tenant was evicted for non payment of rent.I started

This answer was rated:

My last tenant was evicted for non payment of rent.I started a small claims court action for £810, the summons was issued to my house he rented in the first instance,he acknowledged that he had received it.The judgement part of the summons is now ready to be served but I do not have his address. The police do, as they are prosecuting him for criminal damage and theft from my house, the DHSS also have his address as they are paying his rent for the flat he is in now, his mother told me. But nobody will give me his current address.How can I get any justice if the agency and the police are on his side and refused to help me get this address to send the court papers to.

You should simply use the last known address to you i.e. your property's address where you sent him the summons.

Under court rules, court papers are validly serviced if sent to the last known address of the person being served.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you