How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi thereI moved in with my partner about a year ago, 150

Customer Question

Hi there

I moved in with my partner about a year ago, 150 miles away from my ex with whom I have a son with. We have been to court to sort out contact arrangements which ended up him having to collect him from school here on a friday, and me having to pick him up from his house on a sunday. My son is 5.

Now I am about to give birth to a further child with my new partner, and I am concerned about having to do such long journeys with a such a small child. My ex is refusing to to the journeys for an interim time and on top of that, I have had 2 non fault accidents since moving and now have such anxiety driving that the thought of doing the journey puts me in tears. If needs must I have to do the journey but I am wondering if such a change in circumstances are reasonable enough for a change in the contact order. I have tried to reason with my ex but all seems in vain.

Many Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please continue the search.



Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does your current partner drive?